The Rainbow Mountain, is one of the most impressive geological formations of the Andes mountain range. Recommended by National Geographic as one of the most beautiful places you should visit before dying. This place is also known as the Vinincunca mountain.
- Discover the unique geological formations of Rainbow Mountain.
- Learn about local Andean customs and agriculture.
- Admire the spectacular Rainbow Mountain
- Walk along a trail in the middle of the Andean landscape.
- Meet the locals during their daily agricultural chores
We will pick you up between 5:00 a.m. to 5:30 a.m. in your respective lodging, we will board our transportation to go to the town of Cusipata, province of Quispicanchis, during the trip we will appreciate different towns and incredible views of the Peruvian Andes. The trip lasts approximately 2 hours.
We will make the first stop to enjoy a delicious breakfast, after this brief stop we will continue our journey to the town of Llaqto (3700 masl) here we will start the hike uphill for 2 hours to reach the rainbow mountain “Vinicunca” appreciating on the way the famous South American camelids llamas and alpacas that will surprise you immediately and also interact with the local people who still keep alive the culture.
Arriving at the top of the mountain (5200 masl) you will be amazed with one of the most impressive views of the Peruvian Andes, the mysterious rainbow mountain, you will have time to explore the area, take pictures and appreciate the beauty of the Andes.
After the great experience we will start our return trip with a stop in the community of Accopata where we will enjoy a delicious lunch.
Then we will continue with our return trip, we will be arriving in the city of Cusco at approximately 18:00 pm.
- Pick up from the hotel
- Tourist transport at the beginning of the walk
- Professional English / Spanish bilingual guide
- Food: 01 breakfast and 01 local lunch
- Entrance tickets
- First aid kit
- Trekking sticks
- Riding horses (Optional)
- Travel insurance
- Additional features
- Small backpack
- Photocopy of your passport
- Warm clothing
- Waterproof (long poncho) in rainy season (November to March)
- Sunscreen, wide-brimmed hat for sunny days.
- Trekking pants
- Mountain boots
- Bottle of water “canteen”.
- Medicine and / or articles for personal use.
- Have checks and coins on hand in small denominations soles or dollars.
- It is recommended to visit the mountain of colors on the 4th or 5th day of your trip.
- The Colored Mountain is located at 5,200 meters above sea level.
- We always do our best to follow the fixed itinerary, however it may change from time to time based on temporary weather and park restrictions, availability, weather, road closures, guest / injury capacity and natural events such as fires and floods.