This tour is designed for those who have little time to visit one of the seven new wonders of the World “MachuPicchu”, they are the main objective of those who come to visit Cusco. Live unforgettable emotions and experiences knowing more about the Inca culture that built this magnificent place!
- Learn about the history of the Incan people that once lived in Machu Picchu
- Take a guided tour with a certified local guide
- View the landscapes of the Peruvian Andes while traveling by train
- Snap pictures of your experience at Machu Picchu
- Unearth the riches of the Inca Empire with a fascinating and thought-provoking tour
In the morning between 04:00 am – 10:00 am we will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco to transfer you to the train station (San Pedro, Poroy or Ollantaytambo) depending on availability, where we will board the train to the town of Aguas Calientes (2000 m.a.s.l.) which lasts approximately 2 to 3 hours.
The views from the train windows are absolutely spectacular as we travel along the Urubamba River and the important mountains that surround it. Upon arrival at the train station, our guide will meet you at the train station in Aguas Calientes, with you will go to the bus station, to ascend 400 m high, for 30 minutes to reach the incredible wonder of the world “Machu Picchu”, known as “The Lost City of the Incas”.
Arriving at the citadel of Machu Picchu we will go through the control where you will be given your entrance ticket, from this place will begin the guided tour, you will visit the main places such as: the Main Square, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Solar Clock, the Royal Enclosures, the Temple of the Three Windows and the cemeteries, the guided tour will be for more than 2 hours.
At the end you will have free time to stroll around the citadel and visit Machupicchu on your own, if you have managed to book with us the permits to climb Huayna Picchu mountain or Machu Picchu mountain, our guide will give you the recommendations to make that adventure. If you decide not to do so, you have the option of walking to the Sun Gate or Inca Bridge, then we will return to the town of Aguas Calientes where you will have lunch in the town’s restaurants (lunch is not included in this package).
In the afternoon we will board the train back to Cusco station.
- Pick up from your hotel.
- Transportation Cusco / Train station / Cusco.
- Tourist train to Machupicchu town.
- Bus Aguas Calientes / Machu Picchu / Aguas Calientes.
- Entrance to the archaeological site of Machu Picchu.
- Professional guide (bilingual English / Spanish)
- Alimentation and drinks.
- Ticket to Huayna Picchu mountain or Machu Picchu Mountain.
- Tips in general to the entire team.
- Travel insurance.
- Additional features.
- Original passport and migration card.
- Student card (valid per year).
- Travel insurance.
- Warm clothes: layers of variable temperatures, especially at night.
- Raincoat and Long hiking pants.
- Bathing clothes for the hot springs (optional).
- Bottle of water “canteen” or camelback.
- Personal medical kit.
- Insect repellent.
- Sunscreen / hat and sunglasses.
- Tips or gratitude for the team.
- Huayna Picchu Mountain $ 100 USD per person.
- Upgrade to Panoramic train to Machupicchu $ 100. USD per person.
- Upgrade to Luxury train to Machupicchu $ 900. USD per person.
- To climb the mountain of Huayna Picchu or Machupicchu mountain, there is a limit of spaces per day, it is recommended to check availability with us and book in advance.
- We always do our best to follow the fixed itinerary, however it may change from time to time based on temporary weather and park restrictions, availability, weather, road closures, guest / injury capacity and natural events such as fires and floods.